HTML

Thursday, January 12, 2017

EDTECH 532: TED Talk Reflection (7 Ways to Reward the Brain)

As I watched Tom Chatfield’s TED Talk titled 7 ways to reward the brain, I kept imagining possible implications gaming could have in an educational environment.  It’s exciting to think about designing a class to be taught in such a manner and have kids self motivated enough to succeed and of course learn.

The more I listened, the more I became aware of the importance design has in this field.  Nothing appears to be done by chance.  Every decision is calculated in a manner that will encourage participation and engagement.  The initial stages of game design must be incredibly important.

Above all, listening to this TED talk was exciting.  I am excited about the possibilities that will become available to me in this course.  I am already starting to think about how I can apply what I am learning into my teaching practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment